1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Yesterday how someone has changed my mind.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sanjay_sansanwal, Oct 8, 2013.

1. sanjay_sansanwal

sanjay_sansanwal Contributor

Not Important
    Hey friends yesterday something force me to change my mind, usually I don't do that and it is very hard for me to remember last time when I did the same.

Actually my wife was asking me to gift her a new android which has bigger screen but should be handy like my HTC Evo 3D (4.3" screen), she was using HTC Salsa ( 3.2" screen).
    So to gift her a decent mobileI explore on web itself and went to market to buy a Htc one (4.7" screen) costing around 38k-39k.
    When I was exploring Htc one a Genuine marketing person came to me and asked sir are u going to buy this, I said yes, he asked sir have you checked other brands cause they r having so many brands, I told him interested to buy HTC only he suggested to check Samsung, I told him don't take name of Samsung cause I have a very bad experience with Samsung on so many electronic equipment and he surprised me by saying I am totally agree with you sir and went to attend another customer.
    I was completely ready to buy and even I was taking my Cr. card out to make payment, he came again at cash counter and asked me one " sir can u spare 10 minutes before buying ", I said ok and he showed me Lenovo S920, my first view was I know lenovo is making good Pc's and laptops but phone, so sorry but not interested and take a step to counter but he again call sir I am not telling u to buy cause that will be urs decision only rather i am requesting u to just check it out it may change ur experience as well as decsion and it is my request only, the way he said this made me feel good for him and I started exploring Lenovo S920 (5.3" screen).
    More I was exploring and more it was attracting me and after around 20 min. I asked that person what is the price? he answered 22.5k, I was totally stunned.
    I asked him get me a fresh piece, he asked some one to bring fresh one and told sir u have made a excellent decision and u will remain always thankful to me on this, I said look I don't change mind usually but u and this phone force me to change now let's see what will happen in future?
    He told some other proprietary and special features in lenovo and I gave my Cr. card to swipe and thanks him and came to know he was not an executive he was owner of that muti brand shop.
    Reason for righting this to actually give thanks to him socially because phone is genuinely un bitten and even force me to ask my wife that do u want to use my EVO 3d? which she gifted me 2 years back but works like new and look wise scratch less till now and she gave me a lovely smile and told me "yes", so that is the reason I am righting and now days it is very hard to find genuine people and we find some one we should always thankful to him even whenever next I'll visit Malviya nagar I'll definitely give my regards to him.

Attached Files:

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Lenovo phones are great and I have just got HTC 8S and on that also had plan for Lenovo but I wanted a Windows phone.

You can check my views on HTC 8S here - http://imtips.co/htc-8s-review.html

3. sanjay_sansanwal

Not Important
    I gone through this and find out u have chosen the wrong one unintentionally.

Why wrong one?

As u can check the configuration it has memory of 512Mb for me that should be at least 768 or above cause I am sure u won't use it like a phone.
    U always do so many works on smart phone which usually u do on PC or Laptop like mailing, browsing, chatting, etc,.

I am also having Nokia E90 from the date of its launch and still using it because of its some features but if I think to start doing chatting,mailing, etc, on that then definitely it will become slow, unstable and may be start hanging which didn't happen till now cause it has less memory too. I am just mailing, messaging and make calls from it and it is working absolutely fine.
    Try to unload some load and use some application to boost it on regular interval like Android Assistant, Advance task manager and so on, I have a doubt that you will get the applications by same name working on windows phone too but u can find other apps doing the same for windows phone.

About the sim eror, can't say.

4. shabbir

No I use iPhone for all the data based thing and Windows Phone is taken to test sites on Windows Browser and so this is not for the data based work but yes it should have been a better config but then I have android Sony XPeria J as well which is being used by my wife and is mainly for testing sites on Android as well.

So yes for the price I think its good value and also as I will not be using it much for other things.

5. sanjay_sansanwal

Not Important
    Android has little edge compare to Windows and Black berry, for I phone they realize the problem after blackberry issue and now they came with cheap phones as well as with big screen and very soon I am sure they will remove memory restrictions too or else same thing will happened to I phone also.
    I have told the same thing 2-3 years back when I stopped using blackberry because of restriction and most of all are against me and one of my best had a long discussion can say arguments to me, around a month ago I point out him this on face book also and he also feel the same.

Actually these companies Specially black berry and Apple are thinking that customers are fool and they can bound us with restrictions in phone but they didn't realize that they r selling a product @ very high price and with restrictions and now it is too late any how there is some hope still remain for Apple as they made some change which they were not ready to make before.

6. shabbir

I am yet to see a cheap iPhone though. Can you tell me which one is cheap for you.

7. sanjay_sansanwal

Not Important
    I-phone5c coming soon in Indian Market.

8. saptarshi_sachin

saptarshi_sachin Responder

Yes, true. Its going on launch on Nov 1. But there's no reason to be too excited - let's see what's the price band would be - as per popular beliefs, 5c would cost 35K-40K (apprx.)

For that amount of money, there are at least a dozen better handsets in the market - in terms of hardware specs & features as well.

Apple has to realize that it cannot just sell "overpriced" things just by virtue of its brand - there's a lot in the iPhone - but there's surely not enough in it to sell for 40K-50K

9. sanjay_sansanwal

Not Important
    No Rishi it has to below 20k and they have already realized that is y they r decreasing the price as well as increasing screen size but 5c has very cheap kind of plastic.

or else read below

when 5C in US is $99, $199 for 16gb and 32 gb how it would be Rs.40,000 and Rs.50,000 in INDIA. Are we fools? Then better buy Iphone 5 at <40,000 and wait for a better deal.

And decide what we r and what should we do next ?

same thing would happen to I-Phone what happened to Black Berry .

10. shabbir

5C is for colored iPhone and not cheap which many news channel have reported.

5C in US is $99 for locked phones which is not a concept in India else it is $549. Check this

Our media reports things assuming lot of things

11. sanjay_sansanwal

Not Important
    I know so many assumption are on floor but better to wait and watch but it is true they are in price war now and ready to cut down the prices and even increasing the size as well from I-phone 5, before they were featuring it like a handy phone and so on... but now there r so many good phones having bigger size screen and even handy too and specially no botheration of memory and all.

They knows very well what happen to Black berry so more we can expect from Apple, cause now they can't say they r more than happy with only 10-20% quality users among all mobile companies cause now there quality customers are also switching as I switched to Htc and Lenovo.

12. shabbir

I have never seen apple fighting on price but will be interesting to see if there is something that Apples comes up with on the cheap phones.

13. sanjay_sansanwal

Not Important
    I am sure it will be.