1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Why Warren Buffett’s value investing model doesn’t work in Indian market

Discussion in 'Investment Analysis' started by sudhi1432742, Nov 2, 2016.

1. sudhi1432742

sudhi1432742 Member

nirajshah likes this.
  2. sudhi1432742

sudhi1432742 Member

3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I completely disagree with the views of the writer and it is because there is a shift in the way Warren Buffet invests to Benjamin Graham invested. So if you read about Warren Buffet, he moved from investing in an average company at a great price to investing in great companies at a fair price. His investment in Coca-Cola, IBM and currently in Apple are proof to his shift in how you define the value.

What the above article is referring to is investing only based on numbers and ideally any market as it matures and these investing become public, it becomes tough to find a great business at a fair price and so you should be ready to invest in a great business at a fair price.

So just ignore the title of the article which according to me should be Why Benjamin Graham’s value investing model doesn’t work in Indian market which is true even in US market in 2016.

I have been investing using Warren Buffet's method of investing in business ( http://shabbir.in/the-warren-buffet-way/ ) in my portfolio ( http://shabbir.in/portfolio/ ) and though it is only 10 months into it, I am beating the best possible fund by a big margin already.

nirajshah likes this.
  4. sethuramcbe

sethuramcbe Responder

Charlie munger shaped later stage of buffet,initially buffet followed Graham to T after amex he changed a bit

Sent from my Lenovo X3a40 using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

shabbir and nirajshah like this.
  5. sethuramcbe

sethuramcbe Responder

shabbir and nirajshah like this.