1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

What would you have replied to a 9 year old?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shabbir, Sep 26, 2013.

1. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

My 9 year old kid is preparing for his subject on current affairs and asks - What does Indian Prime Minisiter and Presidents do. - & I am speechlees.

Still I just reply in a fatherly tone, they visit offices and have Chai Paani (Pun Intended)

What would you have replied to a 9 year old?

2. sanjay_sansanwal

sanjay_sansanwal Contributor

Not Important
    Dear Shabbir first of all I too have a kid of 9 year and 20 days old kid and he also asked so many ques. about the things all around.
    According to me you shouldn't do that, I know that is fact but that is not the way it should be.
    I always try to tell my kid the facts like what they suppose to do in office/houses and what they r not doing that is y we need more transparency in system and that is the reason we see "BHARAT BAND" which increase our current deficit.
    They r not doing their work like they should that is y we have people like " Anna Hazare, Kiran Bedi, Arvind Kejriwal, etc, and even we "crowd" get also involved directly/indirectly sometimes to explore their faults/frauds through RTI and so on....

Cause intentionally or unintentionally u r telling him things which r not right cause it can give him a complete negative picture of INDIA and he will start thinking that no one is working here so why should I?

More u explain more he'll learn so please try to explain each and everything about his ques.
    I bet within a month or 2 u will see huge difference in ur son by doing this.

:)

3. shabbir

No I have not told him negative things because he does not understand the meaning of Chai Paani as yet and so he think they drink tea and coffee in offices.

He also asks the same thing to me like what I do office and I say nothing much and so nothing negative about it but the problem would be when he knows and that is where the question comes like what should we be answering.

4. sanjay_sansanwal

Not Important
    I know he will not understand well but kids are very intelligent now days don't underestimate them.
    About Chai Paani they know very well more then our self about democracy, parliament, laws, etc., I agreed but if we tell them all about it then they will learn at least a little bit.
    I don't know how u take it but I take this as I said and I am finding positive difference in my child, most importantly I don't want to make him a " KITAABI KEEDA " but he should be aware of all the things.

My wife who is counselor in Venkteshwar International School has the same views.

:)

5. shabbir

They will always learn no matter what we tell and so better we tell them in a sporting way. :D

6. sanjay_sansanwal

Not Important
    Absolutely right.
    :D

7. siva934127

siva934127 Member

We should always tell to kids from their child hood to till they get matured.

1. Do's and don't in any matter.
    2. If we want criticize any one or any thing, have to provide clarification about that (Why).

Thank,
    Siva.

shabbir likes this.
  8. sainath85

sainath85 Member

Business Development
    i disagree. I feel our current PM has done great job in the last 9 years. Just because he does not interact with media/people much does not make him ineffective PM. You may at this point think that MMS has failed, but i bet after 10 years you will realise how he saved our economy during world crisis and how the nuclear deal has benefited India. Same goes with our ex governor subbarao. My only complain against him is he should have raised the repo rate by 100 bps before he left the office. I hope Rajan is knowledgeable and raises repo rates by atleast 50bps in the coming policy. Please do not do the mistake what america and europe central banks are doing.

shabbir likes this.