1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

What Are Your views of 2013

Discussion in 'Traders Coffee Shop' started by shabbir, Jan 3, 2013.

1. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

We only had few trading sessions in 2013 but I get the feeling that it will be one of those year where we see lot of FII investments in India. This is based on the trading pattern formed in December.

If we look at the history, December is the books ending month for foreigners but in 2012, there was no hurry by FII to take the money out of India and close the books but they preferred to remain invested in India.

January is going OK as well and NIFTY close above 6k signals lot of interest in India.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. sureshtsuryavanshi

sureshtsuryavanshi New Member

Hi Shabbir and other members,

I wish you happy new year. One more thing about the FII investment is the forex gain. Without forex gain I don't think they will leave India. Now the INR is around 55 and throughout 2012 remained between 52-57. My feeling is that FII will take out money only when INR show strength and stability.

-Suresh

3. kusupatikishore

kusupatikishore New Member

Yes Shabbir, I too feel 2013 should be the year of more investments and nice growth for the market. Since, this is the year when the UPA government at center has to show the development and growth to face the elections in 2014, they will try to pump the market up and announce more public welfare schemes and also try to boost up various business sectors in the country.

Well to share some good shares with strong fundamentals, I am holding Balkrishna Industries (www.bkt-tires.com) since about 2 years when I brought the share at around 150 and now the share is trading at 300 Rs which is 100% return on my investment. I am still holding the shares as I felt this share is really good for medium and long term investors which never shows much fluctuations but peaks in very steadily even in bad market days. Just thought of sharing with you in the forum. You can give your technical inputs as well on this share if it can help our members.

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Kishore

4. shabbir

I can sense the USD to get under 50 very very soon as well. I don't tracj USD but as my earnings is in USD, I can feel the fluctuations.

Kishore, I agree with your points of UPA pumping market and making Chidambaram Finance minister was inline with that act as well. Your stock pick of Balkrishna Industries is awesome as well.

5. shekarchandureddy

shekarchandureddy New Member

Hello All,

Wish You all a happy and prosperous NewYear

I had good gains in Geetanjali Gems which traded really well in last 7 trading seesions.

Is it good to still hold stocks

Thanks&Regards
    Chandu

6. shabbir

Chandu it is one of the good stocks to hold and you can also do the same provided you keep a trailing stop loss.

7. paulmathewmac

paulmathewmac New Member

The intraday volumes of the break out week (starting 1-1-2013) are lower than the yearly average. And the intraday highs of the last three trading days were not sustained till the close of trade, there being a gradual dip in the afternoon. 6002 was indeed a break out, but the target could well have been 6042 which is already met. One should be aware of the fact that in terms of the next couple of weeks, this break out can also turn out to be a false break out. Have your stop losses in place.

8. thakurtas

thakurtas New Member

Hi Happy New Year Everybody

Sorry folks I was out of India - hence cud not reply.

Now I am back & in this new Year wish you all "Happy Hunting in Stock Market"

9. bepenraja

bepenraja New Member

Wishing all a Fruitful 2013. Sign of market picking up is positive direction after end 2012. Possibly this trend should continue with approaching budget session and forthcoming political changes in 2014.