1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Tax saving mutual fund

Discussion in 'Mutual Funds' started by joel_lobo, Dec 26, 2015.

1. joel_lobo

joel_lobo New Member

Hi Shabbir,

I am plannning to invest in a tax saving mutual fund instead of PPF , Can you suggest a lower risk one please. Yes i have read ur blog on MF investment , But if you can suggest some evergreen Tax saving MF's , it would be helpful.

Which Tax saving MF are you investing in for 2015-16 yr ??

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

All the tax saving ELSS mutual funds are equity linked and so all have moderate risks. In 2015-16 my choice has been Franklin India Tax shield.

3. joel_lobo

joel_lobo New Member

thanks shabbir Bhai ,

How about AXIS long term equity fund. I have been a PPF investor for the last 3 years, Planning to start with MF this time.

Franklin is paying better dividend then AXIS. But AXIS has given a better return.

Franklin has higher NAV as compared to AXIS.

4. shabbir

There is no use of looking at NAV as that is just the price for getting the units and nothing much compared to share price

5. joel_lobo

joel_lobo New Member

correct . so shouldn't a higher NAV fetch lesser units which in turn will give less profit after dividend ?

6. shabbir

It is not only about dividend per unit. What if other fund making more profit at higher value gives more % of dividend?