1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

SIP Strategy

Discussion in 'Mutual Funds' started by raphelabhilash, Aug 21, 2017.

1. raphelabhilash

raphelabhilash Member

Hi Shabbir Bhai

With respect to mutual funds, instead of starting a SIP, can we follow below strategy ?

1) Create a dummy portfolio in a website like moneycontrol with top 25 stocks of the selected MF(Say Motilal Focused Multicap 35)
    2) Observe the portfolio around 15 mins before cut off time(say around 2.30 - 3 pm) on a daily basis.
    3) If we understand that the NAV may go down at least by .50 % on that day, Invest around 30-40 % of the monthly planned SIP in selected MF

In the above strategy, if monthly planned amount is say 5k, we can invest around 2k 3-4 times in a month when market is down and may be only once in a month where market is rising continuously.

Please let me know your opinion.

2. nirajshah

nirajshah Champion

3. bnnarayana

bnnarayana Contributor

Unless and until if you place the order directly with the concerned mutual fund you may get it at the price you want, if you place the order through agent or brokers, you will not know at what price you will be getting it.

Sent from my Le X526 using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

4. Suresh_Sinha

Suresh_Sinha Active Member

The cutoff time is mid day for majority of the funds and so if you can punch in your order within the time limits, you can make a difference of 0.5% price movement for that given day. More important will be to evaluate the performance and save on expense ratio and other params than doing this.

5. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I have done some portfolio analysis and here is what I did. SIP I purchase first of every month in the best large cap fund - https://shabbir.in/best-large-cap-fund-2017/

unsmart.png

Now what I did was I invested the day after the first red candle in the nifty in the same fund for 12 months.

Smart.png

Looks like this can provide better returns but then the incremental returns is not worth the pain of remember to buy the fund manually every month.

Attached Files:

akashgupt81 and nirajshah like this.
  6. nirajshah

nirajshah Champion

This is so wonderful analysis Shabbir. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Micromax Q385 using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

shabbir likes this.
  7. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

The pleasure is all mine.

nirajshah likes this.
  8. raphelabhilash

raphelabhilash Member

nirajshah likes this.