1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Sectorial MF

Discussion in 'Mutual Funds' started by ggchavhan, Aug 14, 2012.

1. ggchavhan

ggchavhan New Member

Now a days largecap , midcap MFs are not performing well, I found some sectorial MF from SBI FMG and pharma is doing well. Will it be good decision be invested in it for further one year?

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

3. tarak_desai

tarak_desai New Member

Shabbir, If we take a long term view say 5+ years then how you think about Banking and Infrastruture funds - strating a SIP for 5 years in these sector specific funds..

In future if Indian need to grow then Urban and Rural India would need more banks and infrastruture.

BTW earlier my google search on good infra funds lead to shabbir.in/best-infrastructure-funds/ and eventually your blog and DIYtechnicals :)

Thanks

4. shabbir

If you have long term view of 5+ years then yes those sectors are really good for SIP.

Great to see that you found my articles on Google as well.

5. tarak_desai

tarak_desai New Member

Gajanan, I personally believe SBI Pharma and Emerging Business are very good funds. SBI Pharma is overtaking Reliance Pharma since last 2 years.

Another fund house to look for is Quantum Mutual Fund and specially their Quantum Long term Equity Fund - its 3 years return are best and expense ratio is NIL (commission to agents is zero). If you consider 7 to 10 years invested period then these expense comes to a huge 8 lakhs ruppes+

Ofcourse these are based on past 'recent' performance and not technicals.

Thanks

6. shabbir

Yes Expense ratio is something which no one considers when investing in Mutual funds and this is one thing which everyone should look at.