1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

RD or MF for short term investment.

Discussion in 'Investment Analysis' started by rrjain319, Nov 6, 2016.

1. rrjain319

rrjain319 Member

Hello Everyone...

Need one suggestion, where should I invest 79000 per month. Need this after 12~15 months.

Should I go for Normal Recurring Deposit @ 7% in HDFC Bank or invest in mutual fund...

Equity as I read it is not meant for investment with horizon less than 5 Years, So Equity - NO
    Checked liquid fund but for last 15months it has given lower return than RD@ 7%.

Identified "Birla Sun Life Short Term Fund" which has given 15000 more than RD in last 15 months.

Will it be wise decision to go for MF or should i open an RD, knowing that i need positive money at the end of 15 month at any cost..

Which mf would you suggest for 15month which can beat RD interest for sure...

Thanks in advance..
    Regards
    RJ

2. nirajshah

nirajshah Champion

I would allocate some part to equity as that will help increase the return unless you need some money right after 12 to 15 months

Sent from my 504Q+ using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

3. bhat64

bhat64 Apprentice

nirajshah likes this.
  4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Dedicate some portion of your money in equity that you can delay in 12 to 15 months. Even 12 months should not be that short term to avoid an equity mutual fund but then I not the full amount.