1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Query regarding android phone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by saptarshi_sachin, May 18, 2014.

1. saptarshi_sachin

saptarshi_sachin Responder

Hi Shabbir,

Can you help me out with a query?

In Sony Xperia SP (single sim android phone), let's say someone calls the phone owner and he picks up the call and starts talking. The caller asks the owner to check something over the internet. While in-call with the caller, can he be able to surf the internet and respond back to the caller (considering a 3g data plan on this phone).

This question is relevant to all single/dual sim android smartphones, in general, the question can be :
    "On the same sim, can I do calling(voice) and do internet (3g data) at the same time simultaneously" ??? I may be on call with someone for 30mins, during that duration, Will I be able to access 3g internet on the same sim ?

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I think yes. Just tested on my iPhone and I was able to surf the internet over WiFi when an active call is on but then about 3g it may depend on the ISP but then it would work fine on Android as a whole.

3. saptarshi_sachin

saptarshi_sachin Responder

Yes shabbir. Calls plus wifi will work fine as wifi dependent on separate network.

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

So it depends on the ISP and not on phone. So phone can have both the application running simultaneously.

I tested reliance 3G and it works when call is active.