1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Options trading

Discussion in 'Traders Coffee Shop' started by monilhathi, Jun 15, 2014.

1. monilhathi

monilhathi New Member

Marketing
    Hi Shabbir

While I am trading on stocks in small volumes with a decent success rate (have hit many SL as well :)), it would help if you can cover a topic on options trading. I know that options trading is quite complex but I believe one can trade options in small lots to increase the size of exposure without direct capital increase risk in stocks. I am interested to know how to select buy/call options and trade for a few days with decent profit.

- Monil

2. monilhathi

monilhathi New Member

Marketing
    Sorry, posted in the wrong section. Can you please move it to the right thread.

3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I don't trade in Futures or Options and I don't see a reason to be doing the same for any retail investor. With Future as well as in Options you are exposed lot more than the money you have in your account and so you actually trade with margins and that means you have lot more risk factor than trading in equity.

Yes for experienced traders and traders with big portfolio, it can be something to dwell into but not otherwise.