1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Not Happy

Discussion in 'Enjoying DIYTA? Share it here' started by alpesh_shah, Aug 22, 2012.

1. alpesh_shah

alpesh_shah New Member

Dear Shabbir,

On reading the book once i didnt feel it to be a gr8 one. The book lacks on how to understand the charts. Just examplea dont work. There has to be some exercise at the end of every chapter which would make the reader know exactly how to analyse the charts.

The other thing which i noticed is that the period taken in the charts is not consistent. Somewhere the charts r for one day, somewhere they are for one month and so on. As a layman how do we understand which charts to refer to in real senarios?

i dont want any refund but jusy thought of sharing my views.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Hi Alpesh, thanks for your feedbacks and yes exercise is really a good option for me to add and I have added that as a list of todo things.

Charts are kept non-consistence because they tend to be that way in real life scenarios as well. One chart couldn't reveal anything conclusive and many a times you have to extend the period to identify the trend as well as support and resistance.

As a layman I think best is when investing you should opt for longer duration charts and when doing trades, shorter is better. Again this is not one thing that you should always follow but it works to the extent.

3. misabah

misabah New Member

Hello All,
    Charts do tell us something but not all of us wil be able to extract from it. Even a 5 min charts tell us about next 2-3 hours, but some basis to be there to ascertain, so a trader invariable refer, 5 mins, 30 mins and even in some cases 4hrs candle charts.
    This market never gives us 100% return but yes we can maximise by careful analyes, may 60-70% sucess will definately give us some money if not treasure.
    Thanks.