1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Mutual fund investment (minor children)

Discussion in 'Investment Analysis' started by vjx, Jan 19, 2018.

1. vjx

vjx Member

Hi,
    I've opened a bank account for my minor kids and have started depositing their piggy bank money in it. I see it will be very low savings bank return in say 8 years when they turn major. I don't have any plans to touch their piggy bank money.

Can I invest in mutual funds (sip) in their name for higher returns and also provide them exposure to long term investments and savings?
    I gather it is possible to invest in minor's name, and parents can only be a custodian and not beneficiary.
    Is any one doing it? Can you share your experiences...anything to watch out for?
    Also, planning for any good performing small cap/mid cap funds from shabbir' list.
    Kindly advise.
    Thanks.
    VIJAY

Sent from my BLN-L22 using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

shabbir likes this.
  2. gunwalvikram

gunwalvikram Member

Yes Sir. You can open a minor account on MF Utility which is a platform made by all the fund house collectively to facilitate investors to by Direct Mutual Funds. I have already opened a Minor account on my Daughter and Son's name and I am a guardian for them .

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

shabbir and vjx like this.
  3. gunwalvikram

gunwalvikram Member

4. vjx

vjx Member

Many thanks sir

Sent from my BLN-L22 using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app