1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Move Investment From Mutual Funds to Real Estate

Discussion in 'Mutual Funds' started by nirajshah, Aug 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. nirajshah

nirajshah Champion

I have a good accumulation of money in mutual funds and so I was thinking should I move my investment from mutual funds over to a property or should I let the profit in the equity market ride?

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

There is no similarity between mutual funds and real estate apart from both being just an investment. There are many benefits of investing in mutual funds or equity market perse which is your investment is almost as good as liquid and so if you need the money, you can liquidate them very easily. On top of that your mutual funds investments can be done with very small amount and that is not true for real estate investment. Also your investment in real estate my bring in the burden of loan to you.

If you are fine with all those options, you can consider investing in a property else it is better to remain invested in mutual funds and equity market.

rajesh_gaikwad likes this.