1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

MF

Discussion in 'Investment Analysis' started by nildeep_choudhury, Jul 29, 2017.

1. nildeep_choudhury

nildeep_choudhury New Member

Hi Shabbir,

I have an lumpsum investment in DSPBR Income Opportunities Fund. I am thinking of withdrawing as the fund is not performing well in comparison to other funds in its category.

I have selected a few funds in the same category based on past performance, expense ratio, exit load-

1. Baroda Pioneer Credit Opportunities Fund
    2. Birla Sunlife Corporate Bond Fund
    3. Franklin India Dynamic Accrual Fund
    4. HDFC Corporate Debt Opportunities Fund

Though i am looking at a time frame of 3-5 yrs..... i don't want to invest in a high exit load period fund.

I would appreciate your opinion regarding my selection and which one you would prefer. Also if you would prefer some other fund.

Regards,

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Your selection of funds are debt oriented and I normally don't track or invest in those funds and so will not be able to make a good deal of comment on them but yes your fund has performed at 9% in 1year where as others that you have mentioned are close to 10% and above for the same time period.

3. nildeep_choudhury

Ok thanks......

Regarding MF in general..... How long to stay invested in a fund to asseess its performance ?

Sent from my Lenovo X3a40 using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

4. shabbir

You don't need to stay invested and you can asses checking the past performance as well.

5. nildeep_choudhury

Thanks...

I am thinking about starting an SIP for a small amount for now and have selected the funds below -

1. Mirae Assests Emerging Bluechip Fund
    2. Canara Robeco Emerging Equities Fund
    3. SBI Small & Midcap Fund

Would appreciate your views on the above selections. Which on will be best suited.

Regards,

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  6. shabbir

@nildeep_choudhury I have shared the best large cap, midcap and small cap funds here

https://shabbir.in/best-large-cap-fund-2017/
    https://shabbir.in/best-midcap-fund-2017/
    https://shabbir.in/best-small-cap-funds-2017/

but I have also shared how I concluded what can be best fund to invest in and so you can follow the same process to get to your best list of funds. Like for SBI Midcap fund was not part of my top 10 list of funds but if you have reasons for that fund, it is all good. Once you have the process of identifying the best funds, it should be all good to go with them and let the process improve over time.

Now the fund that you select for your own investing is always the best suited.