1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Low cost brokerage account - any suggestion ?

Discussion in 'Traders Coffee Shop' started by tarak_desai, Sep 14, 2012.

1. tarak_desai

tarak_desai New Member

Hi Guys,

I guess lowest brokerage we can get is 0.30% for a normal turnover (1 lac. p.m).

Any suggestion if there are any low cost brokerage account for such low turnover account ?

Thanks

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

No you can get 0.20% with sharekhan with only 50k as margin money. You have to bargain with them and make sure you tell them that you are being offered the same elsewhere.

I just opened a new account for one of my friend and he just got his kit delivered today.

3. sanjay_sansanwal

sanjay_sansanwal Contributor

Not Important
    With ventura u can get 0.10%

4. paulmathewmac

paulmathewmac New Member

low brokerage.

I heard zerodha is the best in this regard. The rate is Rs. 50 per order per click) no matter how m,any lots one trades in a single "click". On the minus side is, theirs is fully online, no "call and trade" if you consider this a minus.

5. tarak_desai

tarak_desai New Member

6. sachinmore08

sachinmore08 New Member

In Sharekhan with just 25k margin I got 0.25%for Cash, .05% Intraday in cash/Future (2nd leg free) & 70Rs fr Option. The 25K margin distributed among Cash/FNO market (10k), Commodity(5k) & Currency(10k). I highly recommend Sharekhan..as they have very powerful trading platform(Trade Tiger) with loads of feature like Trailing Stop loss/Bracket Orders etc for day traders, very good charting up to 30 days intraday charts available. Recently they have enabled Online currency trading too along with commodity and Cash/FNO. Also I was really impressed by their customer service ..call center guys are very informed and give very satisfactory response.

7. paulmathewmac

paulmathewmac New Member

May be zerodha always charged Rs. 20. I'm not the best for my memory power :) . (They say too things happen as you grow old: one, you become forgetful; and I forget what the other is :). Zerodha also allows you a certain percentage of the commission through every new account you bring them. And I'm told their platform is pretty fast as they use the NSE (TAME?) platform directly for trading.

And at Rs. 20 per click, I think may be no one else has a better offer to make.
    All said and done, I haven't used them, this is all by word of mouth.

8. shabbir

Yes but then giving larger margin money check and getting 0.20 would be better option and then you can always do the withdrawal once you have your account online setup done but yes 0.25 is also not a bad deal.

Also regarding Commodities, yes they offered the same to my friend as well but then opting for those option is not a good choice to get started in market.

9. sanjay_sansanwal

sanjay_sansanwal Contributor

Not Important
    Ventura is providing 0.10 for delivery and 0.01 for intraday one leg only same apply to future and for option Rs 35 per lot with margin money of 100k which u can withdraw after opening the A/c

10. tarak_desai

tarak_desai New Member

Yesterday contacted Zerodha over phone, were polite enough and knowledgable.

Today received called from sales asking if I need any help, Already mailed forms and documents. Lets see how this experience goes.

They allow trading directly via NSE website and I guess here they are saving costs.. no research team..no software to maintain just plain vanilla broking. INR 20 per trade is too good..

11. shabbir

Share your experience so we all can gain out of it.

12. tarak_desai

tarak_desai New Member

I just forgot about this when a member messaged me to update on my exp.

Account got opened in exactly 16 days after few calls, tough part is demat opening as lot of verification is needed. Their call center is good and you get knowledgeable responses.

Have traded few scripts web-based and its all good. And yes brokerage is exactly as its advertised!

Excellent for traders!!

TIP: Please check signature on forms 5 times before couriering them as you need to send form again if any of the signature is missing.

Thanks