1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Low budget Car

Discussion in 'Traders Coffee Shop' started by siva934127, Sep 26, 2013.

1. siva934127

siva934127 Member

I would like to buy a Car, can afford not more than 4-Lakh.
    Please let me know which one is best?

I selected Maruthi-Alto, Is this best?

Thanks,
    Siva.

2. sanjay_sansanwal

sanjay_sansanwal Contributor

Not Important
    U have selected Maruti-Alto, this is best low budget car in market no doubts about it but getting old fashioned now days.

What more u have?

So many budget cars r available in market like Maruti-Alto, Santro, Indica, Vista, Beat,Nano, etc,.

I prefer to choose the perfect one or cheaper one in term of money, performance, running cost, maintenance, after sales service and the initial amount to buy.

If I would be in ur place and if I plan to go for perfect one that definitely I will go for vista. Why?

1) It is a deisal car which runs like petrol car so no worry about performance even it has Fiat engines, a 1.3 L Quadrajet common rail direct injection diesel which Maruti also uses in Swift and a 1.2 L Safire MPFI VVT petrol engine.
    2) I don't have to bother about running cost because of deisal and good milage.
    3) Don't have to bother about maintenance cause more or less just like Maruti.
    4) Don't have to bother about after sales service cause just like Maruti Tata does have so many service station all around.
    5) Initial cost yes u have to pay 2-3 Lakh more compare to Maruti but by paying this much more u r getting mid segment car with all luxury in a small car.

Or else the cheaper one and that is Nano. Why?

All the performance, running cost, etc,. are the almost same.

Price is major factor So I will choose this and then after a year or 2 when ever I can afford to pay more than 4 lakh for a car I will buy this or the best available car @ that time.

Not convinced then buy Maruti- Alto only so that u don't have to regret after wards that u made a wrong decision.

Best of luck.
    :p

3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I could never be convinced why a Car when you have financial budget and I would prefer putting that money into a FD and the return on that money is good enough to be using Private Tax almost daily.

4. siva934127

siva934127 Member

Not convinced, How could it be possible?
    Could you provide more detail in practical way?

Thanks,
    Siva.

5. sanjay_sansanwal

Not Important
    Me too confused.
    ???
    :confused:

6. shabbir

4L putting in FD means we make roughly 3k per month.

Expense of maintaining a car means 3k per month (Includes just petrol + servicing) and we are not including depreciation.

So now with 6k as monthly expense, you are spending 250 Rs per working day which means Taxi expense is not that much per day in most of the cases.

This is just an overview of looking at things.

Now one more thing to be added is price of the car depreciates but 4L in FD remains 4L (not considering inflation as it applies both to the value of car and month in FD)

7. sanjay_sansanwal

Not Important

Not agreed, people may have different opinions but u can't think to get return from each and every thing.

Car is for your convenience not for investment purposes and by taxi u can manage ur expenditures only if ur going to office and coming back.
    But this in not life cause ur doing work for satisfaction, luxury, food, cloths, investment, future, healthy time, holidays, etc,. and I don't think so by making a FD instead of taking car u will get all above things.
    :D

8. siva934127

siva934127 Member

Me to have same opinion like sanjay.

Thanks,
    Siva.

9. shabbir

I too have the same opinion but then cars are for status symbol more than anything else and so never a financial option.

But when you have tight budget, think about the expense ratio that it will add to your pocket and not only when you buy it but also maintain it.

So when you have tight budget, it can always be an option to delay for few months.

10. siva934127

siva934127 Member

I totally agree with your valuable point regarding expenses, But am not looking for status symbol like high budget cars.

Low budget car can fulfilled my requirements but Taxi can not.

Thanks,
    Siva.

Thanks,
    Siva.

11. shabbir

Completely agree on that.

12. saptarshi_sachin

saptarshi_sachin Responder

Hi Siva

You can have a look at Hyundai Eon - there are couple of variants (D-lite, D-lite+, Magna+) that you can choose from. The car is a budget car, comes within 4 lakhs. It comes with interiors better than Maruti Alto, fuel efficiency is also good.

You can have a demo of the Eon and see for yourself. You can have a look.

shabbir likes this.
  13. tarak_desai

tarak_desai New Member

Wish we all can think the same way, it actually make sense to use taxi (alteast in my case) but as you say status symbol and moreover the copy-cat attitude. Wish I could be more practical :)

14. shabbir

You don't need to be. I am not and I spend lavishly on things I can afford and make lot of savings where I can.

15. sainath85

sainath85 Member

Business Development
    agree with Shabbir on cost factor. However when it comes to convenience owing a car is better.