1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Learning to swim in Share Market

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by naveen1241, Jul 11, 2012.

?

Did you like my story ?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. naveen1241

naveen1241 Responder

Hi All,
    First of all, a big THANKS to Shabbir for the opportunity. Shabbir, I wish you all the very best for all of your initiatives.
    Well, coming back to my intro, I'm Naveen Natarajan in my early thirties, a Software Engineer by profession. I started trading and investments around three years back, when my Father In Law introduced me to the stock markets. While I was a newbie, I just put in some money and my FIL suggested me stocks which i should look into. Without any knowledge on the markets, I started picking stocks making profits doing some sort of intra-day tradings in blue chips. If I dont get profit, I would wait and make it an investment. During my initial trading days, I was against the idea of stop loss. In short I was against booking any loss. Now you could probably understand what would have happened. Yes you are right :) I lost some of my hard earned money :mad:. But I was fortunate enough to have not lost much money only because I had a policy of only investing a little more money than the profits i have made in my successful trades. To cut the story short, 10-11 months back I realized that I'm not in the right path. I started analyzing my portfolio.(Rediff Money). From then, I managed to lower my loss percentage from -19% to -3.4% as on today. This is too much for an intro, I suppose.

So all the best guys. Wish you all make the most of this forum and gain considerable knowledge in stock trading, share your experiences and ideas. Just open your minds, share your thoughts, because, you might not know how much helpful it could be to others. 'EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER'.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Hi Naveen Natarajan and welcome to the forum. Your story is no different from any other story of a retail investor in market because we get into market because we are made to and then we learn that it is not as easy as it was told to us.

Many come out of the market and others try to learn what is the secret behind those people who are making a fortune in it and this is where we (you and me) fit in.

I always feel very happy when I see people trying to learn and not just quit.