1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Is it better to hold IDFC or sell

Discussion in 'Fundamental Analysis' started by santosh_rachuri, Oct 14, 2014.

1. santosh_rachuri

santosh_rachuri New Member

shabbir bhai,
    i have taken IDFC @ an avg price of 145. can i hold or sell?? Your views please.
    santosh

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Hi Santosh,

You have posted this thread under fundamental analysis and so if you can share your investment objective and timeframe, I will be in a better position to help you.

Technically I would not hold this stock.

3. santosh_rachuri

For Long term

I mean I can hold it for long( above one year) to make some decent returns.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  4. shabbir

Thats fine but then have you invested in this stock because they can turn around some business in a year or it was just a tip from someone?

1 Year is a timeline where you are neither investing fundamentally nor technically and because 1 year is too short term for any business to make a turnaround and too long term for most of the technicals to work

5. santosh_rachuri

Actually, I have invested around 2 months back. Actually, I've seen it in value-picks blog. In that the stock was suggested.I didn't actually go through the entire company fundas. With one sentence, I clearly understand the difference between the funda. analysis and technical analysis. In fundamental, we have to give time for the company to grow and In technical, one can make money from the markets through price changes and some knowledge on charts.

6. shabbir

As of now technically I don't see anything in this stock and it would be better to be going off from it in a bounce with minimum loss.

You can look into fundamentals of the company and then invest or invest technically.