1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Is It A Right Time To Increase Your Allocation To Gold?

Discussion in 'Investment Analysis' started by shabbir, Jan 14, 2013.

1. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Gold is always a safe option for investors and there have been lots of positives about investment in gold but do all those hold true in the current scenario? What should be your ideal allocation to gold? What are the major factor that attracts investment in gold? What would you opt for if you have an investment option as good as gold? Let me answer all these questions.

http://shabbir.in/gold-allocation/

2. MANGONI

MANGONI New Member

DEAR SB,

V G ENG

NORMALLY GOLD PRICES ARE IN UPS n DOWNS, ON LONG TERM BASIS SAY 2-3 YRS, CAN WE HOLD UP TILL @ 35/45/55% GAIN, PL.? I AM HOLDING 12% OF E-Series & ETF, FUND OF FUNDS ON TOTAL ASSET ALLOCATIONS. JUST 11.8% GAINED FOR THE PAST 12 MONTHS (BUT DURING THE PERID MAX 25%)

REGARDS
    ANBU

3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I am not able to understand your question. Why you have doubt about holding.

4. ajaysinghchand

ajaysinghchand New Member

8 yr chart

see the 8 yr chart for goldbees. the prices have never touched the 20 monthly average anytime. it it touching now. if we assume gold to keep yhe trend which is up for the last 8 yrs this should be the right time to invest.

on second thoughts could gold break this 8 yr trend and dip below the 20MA ??? maybe very unlikely

Attached Files:

5. MANGONI

MANGONI New Member

Dear Mr ASC,

NICE UNDERSTANDABLE CLEAR PICTORIAL CHART ANALYSIS

THANKS

anbu