1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Investment in NHPC

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by saju_abraham, May 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. saju_abraham

saju_abraham New Member

Hi, i liked mr. Shabbir's observations of markets. I invested in NHPC but see its going down even through it has growth potential. Can anybody put up some reasons for its downward movements. I m stuck up with my money in that counter.
    Regards,
    Saju

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Saju,

NHPC's last 2 years chart looks like

[​IMG]

And if you still think you can make money out of it, I really doubt. 23 was a long time support and you can expect at most that much in few month's but nothing more unless there is some good trigger to get the stock above that level.

I hope it helps.

Attached Files:

3. shabbir

I missed one of your other question about reason for downtrend and I think it has to do with fundamentals of the company but what I prefer is price action strategy which tells everything.

Price trend is down and so it tells me that there could be either issues in management or issues with the results or performance of the company but whatever it is, it is a stock where you should not be playing long.

4. rajendra

rajendra New Member

Hi,

It is one of those stocks which you buy & forget. Some decades later your grandchildren will thank you for it :)). In the mean time there are better stocks to chase for relatively shorter time frame.
    Raj

5. saju_abraham

saju_abraham New Member

Thanks for your observation and comments sirs.
    Thanks,
    Saju

6. shabbir

The pleasure is all mine. :D