1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Income Tax

Discussion in 'Traders Coffee Shop' started by bharatdadlani, Apr 12, 2013.

1. bharatdadlani

bharatdadlani New Member

Hi,

I have a question regarding Income Tax, how an Income Tax related to Shares Trading is being calculated? To show our income or loss while filing an income tax, how it is generally be calculated? Is income tax calculated on total value of trade transaction or only on either profit or loss made out of any trade?

If we show total profit or loss made during a year will be sufficient to file an income tax?

If someone guide me on this it would be great help.

Thanks in advance.

Bharat

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Taxation is simple. Pay tax on your profits less expense.

Tax slab on intraday or FnO is 30% of your profits and for delivery based cash market it is 15%.

If you hold anything for more than 1 year then those profits are tax free.

Expenses include brokerage charges, STT and others that your brokers charge you like Demat account charges and ...

I hope this makes things somewhat clear for you but it is always better to be consulting a CA for taxation

3. bharatdadlani

bharatdadlani New Member

Thanks Mr. Shabbir,

Its clear to me. As you said better to consult CA as well.

I am happy to be a member of Forum. Lot many things to learn from you & members.

Regards,

Bharat

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

The pleasure is all mine Bharat.