1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

In which Mutual Funds you are invested IN? and for what goals ?

Discussion in 'Mutual Funds' started by tarak_desai, Sep 6, 2012.

1. tarak_desai

tarak_desai New Member

Hi Guys,

Would love to share your MF investments? and goals for these investments?

I would love to see your overview and investment style!

Earlier I had some 18+ MF in my portfolio invested since year 2005 and never redeemed it (big mistake) thinking I am long term investor. After lot of reading and research reliased that MF portfolio too need to be reviewed atleast once in 2 years or once a year and re-balance it. (Redeem/switch to Debt funds etc..)

After cleaning up recently, I have these funds in my portofolio now:

Quantum Long Term Equity - Growth - Allocation 40%

SBI Emerging Business - Growth - Alocation 30%

SBI Pharma Fund - Growth - Allocation 10%

ICICI Banking and Financial Inst. Retail Fund - Growth - Allocation 10%

Canara Robecco Infrastruture - Growth - Allocation 10%

HDFC Balanced Fund- Growth - no fixed allocation - Misc amount that comes from stocks divedends, cash gifts to children from their relatives and other small misc. earnings.

I have planned NOT to exceed 7 MFs at any point of time and to review it atleast once a year and go on investing for atleast next 12 to 15 years with a goal of child's college education and then for my retirement.

Thanks

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

In June of 2011, I purchased a flat and so now the number of funds in my portfolio are very low because most of my investments in mutual funds were for purchase of house.

As of now my funds are DSPBR Small and Midcap Fund where I have a SIP of 1000 per month for my kids. Allocation is 25% and is going up all the time.

Canara Robecco Tax Saving Fund - Dividend Payout Mainly for ELSS Rest is only in this fund as of now.

I have plans to restructure in Feb of 2013 when my ELSS fund 3 year period gets completed.