1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

How was your Portfolio Performance in 2012?

Discussion in 'Investment Analysis' started by shabbir, Jan 16, 2013.

1. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Its always recommended to keep an eye on the long term investment portfolio and see how things have been in last 6 months when market has been doing so well.

So I will suggest you to check which asset class has performed for you in last 6 months and based on the performance of your portfolio, re-balance it to better performing asset classes.

If you want my views on your portfolio just hit the reply button and let me know the performance of your asset classes and mutual funds and I will be more than happy to help you with changes you may need in your portfolio.

2. ggchavhan

ggchavhan New Member

Portfolio

Dear Shabbir

I have MF portfolio as under

BIRLA MNC FUND - GROWTH PLAN +16.80 %
    FRANKLIN INDIA PRIMA PLUS - GROWTH + 23.17 %
    FRANKLIN INDIA PRIMA fund - GROWTH + 10.6 %
    RELIANCE EQUITY OPPORTUNITIES FUND - GROWTH PLAN +16.66 %
    SBI EMERGING BUSINESS FUND - GROWTH + 38.98 %
    UTI OPPORTUNITIES FUND GROWTH + 12.96 %

All above funds are since last 10 months and showing performance as above apart from that I have some amount in liquid fund also.

I have noticed that since last two weeks in-spite of rise in nifty there was no remarkable growth found in my portfolio where as it fall appox 1.5 %.

Is this time to switch to liquid?

Please guide me.

GAJANAN

3. shabbir

Gajanan, with the kind of performance you have in your portfolio, I would say yes it is good to be protecting your gains and going liquid.

4. ggchavhan

ggchavhan New Member

thanks shabbir..I will do it immediatly

5. shabbir

Great and make sure you don't repent on the decision if market shows strengths.