1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Gain/loss

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by siva934127, Feb 5, 2014.

1. siva934127

siva934127 Member

Hi Shabbir,

Every day we see some stocks rise 4%,5%,6% positive and some stocks fall 4%,5%,6% negative.

1. May be some stocks rise or down because of sudden good/bad news or awaiting news.

2. Some stocks do not understand why they rise or fall but media tells stories about that?

Any body drive those kind of moves (2), If so they will be the always winners.

So I do not agree, but definitely some body driving the markets.

I observed 40% of the stocks are driven by media analysts remaining god knows.

I have some technical knowledge and selected few stocks but it takes time to hit the targets.

Most of the stocks are hit the targets with in 3 to 5 days and technically perfect pattern stocks also. (Do not understand who drive those stocks)

Do Media technical analysts also gets losses?

Please let me know, if you have some news about this.

Thanks,
    Siva.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

There are many entities who drive the stocks and let me list them first

1. Management who may want to be pledging their shares for some cash.
    2. Large investors who want to be moving out of the stock
    3. The fund managers (not mutual fund managers) and the academies.
    So now first 2 are pretty obvious but then there are many companies and fund managers who are trading into some stocks just to make sure it is highly traded stocks and create lot of volume out of it.

And in the above 3 there are retail investors who get pissed off.

The big spikes after a crack of support or break out is mainly a reason of fund managers activity.