1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Features You Want In Forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by shabbir, May 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Would like to know what all features you would like to see in the forum and if possible I will try to add them as we grow.

2. irshadhashmat

irshadhashmat New Member

Dear Shabbir,

I would like to see some multibagger stocks suggestion and some mid term stocks suggestion from you.. Like before you gave GDL @147

Best wishes

Irshad

3. shabbir

Sure, will keep an eye on getting few stocks :D

nirajshah likes this.
  4. naveen1241

naveen1241 Responder

Hi Shabbir,

1) I would like to see a thread wherein i can find some stocks being mentioned in either of the four phases a) Accumulation b) Mark Up c) Distribution d) Mark Down

2) I would like to know about innovative trading ideas. Any member can share their trading ideas which they adopt and your thoughts on those views could be highly appreciated.

3) Discussion on sector rotation policies. Or offloading of certain stocks and reinvestment to other stocks. I do not know if I'm clear on my point or not.

For citing an example in my mind, consider Bhushan Steel and Canara Bank - Please not there may or may not be any co-relation between these stocks. But what I did was this. I started selling Bhushan steel slowly from 434 levels to 474. 10% @ 434, 10% @ 444 15% @ 453, 15% @ 464, 20% @ 474. I started investing this on Canara Bank @ levels of 390, 417 & 429 . I'm expecting Canara Bank to go to higher levels slowly. My idea might be a crude one, but you might be able to refine such ideas.

Similarly when Crude was going high, I noticed Castrol falling and started investing in it from 470 levels. Now I've only 5% left for selling.

4) Identifying undervalued fundamentally strong stocks and trading in them, in such a way that once you make profits, exit otherwise you should be able to hold or accumulate more.

5) Another idea which i adopt is always trading with certain stocks like JSW Steel. Accumulate stocks as prices go down and sell as it goes up. At higher levels you will possess less quantity of stocks and at lower levels you will be possessing higher number of stocks. I would like you to suggest stocks which could be used for this sort of trading.

Eg: Buy 5@750 5@720 10@690 10@640 20@590 / Sell 5@640 5@670 10@710 10@750 20@790
    This is if, the market keeps going down(buying) and market keeps going up(selling). In between you keep selling or buying based on the price at which your holding a particular bunch. Buying at higher levels should be lower quantity and buying at lower levels should be high quantity. Vice versa with selling small quantity selling at lower prices and high quantity at higher prices.

For this strategy, the first thing should be identifying a high beta stock, fundamentally strong and looking at technical support/resistance levels. These stocks can be a bit over valued. More of a buying high and selling higher strategy.

These are some of my thoughts.

Thanks
    Naveen

5. shabbir

Neveen, as you have not gone through my ebook, you possibly are not aware of the strategy we use in markets and normally my strategy does not revolve around those terms and so we always buy the stock at the right price and same goes for the selling as well. We are not as big as Warren Buffet to make accumulation in stock and we don't need to as well unless we have portfolio in crores.

We don't need innovations but need to keep things simple in markets. Buy at support and sell at resistance or targets for the long trades. Similarly short at resistance and buyback at support. It is as simple as that.

Again sectors and news does not matter when you are trading with price action strategy.

Good but normally I don't accumulate the falling stock and don't recommend the same to my readers.

They should not be the ones you should be trading into. You should be investing into them.

These are sign of trader who is not sure of what levels you should be buying and selling stocks and not for those who are convinced of the when the falling of price would stop.

Still we discuss stocks that are showing patterns that we invest with in Technical Analysis Sub forum. Like

[thread=128]Tata Steel[/thread]
    [thread=137]Cummins India[/thread]
    [thread=98]V-Guard[/thread]

And many more....

6. naveen1241

naveen1241 Responder

Technical analysis trading success probability

How much probability would you assign to technical analysis according to you for a layman who has completed reading your e-book ? I'm asking this question since not all people could identify stocks and invest in the same way. So, in general what's your expectation ?
    Also once you are through the technical analysis reading, what other tools(freely available if any) are required for intra day trading ?

Also, I can't somehow agree to the below point.
    We are not as big as Warren Buffet to make accumulation in stock and we don't need to as well unless we have portfolio in crores.

May be term Accumulation, i used conveyed some wrong meaning. My strategy is just investing in small portions. It need not be in crores. Suppose I have the budget for buying as simple as 100 shares. I can buy 5/10/20/25 at a time.

Also doesn't promoters fool traders by creating false technical signals in trading ?

Good but normally I don't accumulate the falling stock and don't recommend the same to my readers. -

Doesn't market react irrationally for short/long periods of time to even blue chip stocks? For me such stocks ought to be bought into one's portfolio.

They should not be the ones you should be trading into. You should be investing into them.
    I think, these are stocks which i can trade with comfortably without fearing loss of capital. Market can always provide opportunities for any stock to re-enter. If at all it's not going down, we can spend some time dormant and find new stocks as well. We'll still be holding small positions, since we wont be selling away all the stocks.

As you have rightly identified and pointed out 'These are sign of trader who is not sure of what levels you should be buying and selling stocks and not for those who are convinced of the when the falling of price would stop.' :D This is perfectly right i'm a novice at that.

Thanks
    Naveen

7. shabbir

It is better if people reply here and not me but I expect majority of them are able to predict the market using the patterns that I follow because they are pretty simply explained in my ebook.

It means you aren't sure if the price would fall or go higher and so you are purchasing in bits and pieces.

Let me ask you simple question. What if I tell you that the stock you plan to buy 100 would fall another 5% and so would you buy even 5% of it now? I am damn sure you would not.

I would still suggest this is not the right strategy and you see lot of such things on TV and tend to believe in them. They don't invest money but just preach on TVs

This is what I just read in other forum. - http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/71556-do-technical-analyst-earn-their-living-trading.html
    That is where stop loss comes into picture.

8. naveen1241

naveen1241 Responder

Hi Shabbir,
    You got me wrong here.

Let me ask you simple question. What if I tell you that the stock you plan to buy 100 would fall another 5% and so would you buy even 5% of it now? I am damn sure you would not.

I have stopped hearing technical analysis from any source long before. I have seen people coming and saying to buy stocks at very high prices. Eg: CASTROL and JSW Steel
    Yesterday i heard some guy saying to go long on Castrol anticipating some news. But Castrol at this price is low on my portfolio. Only 15% left with me.
    Similarly JSW Steel, very rarely analysts come and recommend good prices for getting in. I don't care technical calls on this stock. But mostly I'm trading on this, irrespective of any signal, news etc. Sometimes i go hibernate when i'm not sure on what to do for sure or got no time to play. In these stocks sometimes i play stop loss by reducing the number of shares owned by me. My entire money is not in to play with this method. But I'm satisfied trading this way for certain stocks.

From where do i get chart patterns ?(I'm not using my broker's portal, i communicate via phone.
    Recently i've been using bazaartrend, but it shows data for 2 days only i suppose. Any good suggestions on this would be most welcome

Thanks
    Naveen

9. shabbir

I use Chartink, Yahoo and Google Finance for free charts.

If your method is working for you that is the best thing that could happen to you because I don't say that my method only works but what I prefer is not buying into stock when they are falling but rather prefer buying when they show sign of recovery from fall or breakout from a high.

So for castrol if I see the charts of 9 months

http://chartink.com/stocks/castrol.html

I see a breakout at 550 but again if I see a 2 or 3 year chart I see a very very strong resistance for this stock at aroun 550 as well and so not a level I would buy unless there is a clear breakout with volumes above this level.

Apart from that if I had to go for stop loss in castrol it is at 480 which is way below my comfort levels of loosing 70 odd Rs in a trade so according to me it is in no trade zone for me.

10. naveen1241

naveen1241 Responder

Hi Shabbir,

Thank you very much. :)

By the way.
    Yesterday i heard some guy saying to go long on Castrol anticipating some news. But Castrol at this price is low on my portfolio. Only 15% left with me.

I meant to say that i dont go by tv comments. I would rather identify some good stocks and trade with my principle. Even I'm not upbeat on Castrol any more. If it goes up well and good, just let it go away. I don't want to fall in love with any stock. Now it would come again in my radar only if it moves down drastically. Hence i hold a very small holding at this level.

Thank you Shabbir, once again for the great reply :) .
    I would like/expect other members too to pour in their comments.

11. shabbir

The pleasure is all mine.
    I don't expect that because this is closed forum and not many people would even see this thread as most of them are subscribed to technical analysis sub forum and not Suggestion and feedback sub forum.

Apart from that this forum threads are not visible for reading to guests even and so you would not get much views on threads either.

12. kaisarimam96

kaisarimam96 Member

Dear Sir,

Can you Facility to see daily chart of stocks / futures.

13. shabbir

We have so many websites providing the same.

14. kksudin

kksudin New Member

Is n't it good to show latest posts on top? Now it is at the bottom and we have to scroll all the way down; some times across multiple pages to read the recent posts.
    Thanks,
    Sudin

15. shabbir

Do you mean in threads?

If that is the case, you can choose different views by choosing Display Mode Option

16. kksudin

kksudin New Member

Shabbir,
    Not able to see the all the forum threads ever since the Shoutbox is introduced. How to see the forum threads (as it was earlier) ?

17. shabbir

There is no change to the way forum threads are displayed.

Shoutbox is just on the home page above the forum lists

18. kksudin

kksudin New Member

ok , it came properly now after I cleared the cache. thx

19. saptarshi_sachin

saptarshi_sachin Responder

I have a suggestion -

If possible can a CHAT-box be added to the forum ? Online/active users can share tid-bits inside this small CHAT-box.
    In urgent times, it also saves time in getting some urgent reply.

20. sanjay_sansanwal

sanjay_sansanwal Contributor

Not Important
    Wow same thing I was planning to see in DIY.
    Dear shabbir plz don't tell it has PM facility cause I am talking about a messenger feature.

saptarshi_sachin likes this.