1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Ex stock split and bonus share

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by karthickalagirisamy, Jun 27, 2018.

1. karthickalagirisamy

karthickalagirisamy Member

hi

I am a new member also new to stock market, I purchased Avanti feeds share around 10 numbers and book profit by selling 9 out of 10 shares now company split share and announce ex bonus of 2:1 currently having single share , Now that share price is splitted from 1500 to 599 rs I bought this share before exsplit announcement ,wether single share eligible for exbonus split or it is loss ,kindly throw some light on this also share split and exbonus

shabbir and chaitanya_mella like this.
  2. chaitanya_mella

chaitanya_mella Contributor

In your case the bonus is applicable after sub division of shares. So, post stock split your one share becomes 2 shares on FV of Re. 1. So you have two shares of Avanti feeds. Bonus declared is 1:2 (1 share for every two held). So you will get one share in your demat account in a few days.

Generally, if the number of shares are lesser than the eligibility criteria for getting a bonus, will receive cash equivalent of the fractional value of the share.

3. chaitanya_mella

chaitanya_mella Contributor

How did it turn out? Did you get the bonus share

Sent from my iPhone using DIY Technical Analysis mobile app

4. karthickalagirisamy

karthickalagirisamy Member