1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

COAL INDIA OFFER FOR SALE on 30.01.2015

Discussion in 'IPO's, NFO's and ETF's' started by santosh_rachuri, Jan 29, 2015.

1. santosh_rachuri

santosh_rachuri New Member

Shabbir bhai,
    Coal India OFS is tomorrow. The retail investors are having 5% discount. what's your view on both short term and long term. I personally feel that the long term holders can participate in OFS. what do you say??

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I don't track coal India fundamentally and can you share how you think long term holders can participate?

I would avoid because net sales has gone down from 403.20 Cr in Mar 2010 to 314.25 Cr in Mar 2014.

Sales should always be growing no matter what happens to the other numbers in the balance sheet.

3. santosh_rachuri

santosh_rachuri New Member

Rightly said, I didn't closely looked at sales. It seemed ok when i look at consolidated results..but standalone gives the right picture. It is a consistent dividend paying company and latest govt efforts may change the future.

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Not consistent, There has been slow in dividend payout for last 12 months or so.

5. saptarshi_sachin

saptarshi_sachin Responder

I am also with Shabbir's opinion. Coal india's coal output has not been consistent in 2014 amid strikes from its workers and other problems. It missed allmost all its output targets in 2014.

In between, Global coal prices fell sometime last year in Nov, and some indian power companies resorted to imported coal for their needs...

So in all, Coal India has been struggling quite a bit in recent times.