1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Anil-seeking MF advice

Discussion in 'Mutual Funds' started by anildave, Aug 12, 2013.

1. anildave

anildave New Member

Do you have something on MF.
    Actually I am in confusion whether I should remain invested in below MF or not. I am 37yr old working in Marketing dept of Engg MNC.

1. SBI Magnum Fund (balanced) G - Through SIPs I have approx 1Lac invested.
    2. HDFC Prudence Fund (G) - Through SIPs I have approx 1Lac invested.
    3. Birla Sun Life Dividend Yield Plus -Growth (RP) - 2.5L invested. SIP is still continuing of 10K per month
    4. Reliance Growth Fund _Direct Growth plan _ Growth option. (Diversified Equity) - 4Lac invested till now. SIP of 8K continues per month.
    My Goals are Daughter education, her marriage, retirement corpus.

Unfortunately since last 3-4 yrs whatever is invested, the returns are -ve as on date.
    If you could advice me on the above IF I should keep investing in sr no. 3 and 4 or discontinue, and if I should switch over other MF to any other one, it will help me in achieving my Goals.
    Looking forward for your valuable advice.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Hi Anil and welcome to the forum and I hope you like the forum and the discussions we have in the forum.

Now coming to your question I think this is not the market where you should remain invested and I have explained that here ( http://shabbir.in/nifty-technical-analysis/ ) which I am sure you might have read.

So my advice would be to book profits (or at least partial profits) at around 6k+ Nifty levels and then re-enter market at lower levels.

You need to be working on your investments to make the most out of it.

3. anildave

anildave New Member

Anil-MF advice

Thanks a lot Shabbir, for your quick and clear advice. :pleased:
    So what I understand is that, now I should wait till Nifty achieves 6000 mark and then book profits. Later, when the Nifty is down (e.g. 5550 as mentioned by you in your Tech analysis), i should start investing. Correct me, if I am wrong anywhere, because my action I am planning on this advice. :)

4. shabbir

Absolutely correct but then I will suggest you to apply Teachnical Analysis when investing and booking profits because all the time it may not be same level of support and resistance.

Levels are not important but the theory.

5. sainath85

sainath85 Member

Business Development
    @shabbir If Anil is investing in SIPs then he cannot time the markets. It would be better if does lump sum during lower nifty levels and book profits at 6000. I also wanted to know what are your views on SIPs for a 10-15 yr horizon?

@Anil If i am not wrong Sunil Singania is the fund manager of Reliance Growth. He is a good fund manager, if you can hold them for long period i think it can give you good profits.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2017
  6. shabbir

Hi Sainath, First let me share with you again why Indian mutual funds are lame. Good fund managers are bound to be doing things that they know are not good for their funds.

Many fund manager would be able to predict market fall but then they cannot remain liquid because of the rules by SEBI that mutual funds has to remain invested in the funds by 80%+ (don't count this number but it is as high as that)

So now what intelligent fund managers do is move to stocks like pharma where they are invested in hope that it will not fall as much as others.

You will see Reliance Fund manager Madhukela (I saw him once as I am mentioning it) and many others are shouting on their lungs out that they should be able to short but then SEBI just says NO to them thinking that if they short, they will bring more down (you can understand the knowledge of SEBI in this)

So now the question comes how can retail investor be safe in falling market and so now you know what I have suggested and why.

Now coming back to SIP, I am not a fan of huge SIP's but small SIP of 1k to 3k is good enough when you have 10+ year horizon because then you even invest when market is down as well as up. If you say 10k+ as SIP, I would say NO here because being a technical analyst (I am sure we are by now), you should be doing investing 10k in funds as lumpsum instead of SIP and then make most of it.