1. DIYTechnicalAnalysis is a private community of traders and investors interested in building wealth from Indian equity market. You can become a member with a one time registration fee of ₹199. Click here to become a member

Advice Needed on MF Selection

Discussion in 'Mutual Funds' started by nildeep_choudhury, Mar 5, 2018.

1. nildeep_choudhury

nildeep_choudhury New Member

Hi,

I am thinking of investing 2.5L in MF. I was thinking of putting the entire amount in balanced fund but have decided to split the amount in 2 MF -

1. Principal Balanced Fund - 1.5L
    2. Indialbulls MIP - 1L

Do you think it is ok or i should put the entire amount in the balanced fund.

Need your opinion based on the current market scenario.

Regards,

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    nirajshah and chaitanya_mella like this.
  2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Whats the reason for that split in two funds. I am asking so I can understand your understanding of diversification and then suggest you the thing one should be doing for diversification.

chaitanya_mella and nirajshah like this.
  3. nildeep_choudhury

nildeep_choudhury New Member

Hi,

replying a bit late....

i wanted a little more debt exposure than what a balanced fund provided.... as i already have 2 SIP (EQ) in 1 small cap & 1 midcap fund.

Edit: I have an SIP in DSPBR Small Cap Fund and the performance has been bad for the past year or so... Do you think its better to shift to a different small cap fund. Having said that i do not want to completely withdraw from the fund as i think it will perform better in the future.......i may be wrong but..... just need your 2 cents.....

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

More exposure doesn't mean one has to get in more than one fund of same nature.

DSPBR Small cap fund isn't performing but it is better to stop SIP in this fund and move the SIP to other fund. Yes it is good to keep holding.